ADMISSIONS NURSE – HOSPICE
We are looking for dynamic RN’s with hospice experience to join our hospice care team.
We offer great benefits, competitive salaries, outstanding leadership, and corporate support. A minimum of one year hospice experience is required, along with a proven ability to manage a fast-paced, independent work schedule.
The Admissions RN is a registered nurse and an Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to present hospice services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Participation in the information gathering, analysis, education and form completion aspects of the admissions process
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Analyze data collected by the LPN to facilitate/obtain admission orders
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness expectations.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the patient and/or patient’s family has concerning hospice and palliative care.
- Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process with the ability to further develop skills in these competency areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop Hospice specific clinical knowledge.
- Ability to use the company information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Degree in Nursing
- Valid RN License in the state
- At least 1-year hospice or home health experience (required)
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Hospice and/or Home Health Electronic Medical Records / EMR Software Experience is a PLUS!