Assistant Production Supervisor
- We have an immediate need for an Assistant Production Supervisor on 3rd shift due to increase in business and expansion
- The Assistant Production Supervisor supports the production supervisor in managing production personnel engaged in providing leadership, lean initiatives, direction and facilitation on multiple high-speed production lines.
- Local candidates preferred
- Lead and coach production operators in the execution of daily/weekly production schedules for multiple lines.
- Assist Supervisor with coordinating production ensuring safety, quality and productivity while minimizing waste.
- Meet the productivity, quality, safety, health, environmental and morale goals established for the site.
- Ensure equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
- Assist, review and analyze production records to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist the continuous improvement agenda in area of responsibility through teamwork, skills and capability development.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage and facilitate employee and management relationship within the guidelines of the labor contract and company policy.
- HS degree preferred; prefer an AAS or an equivalent of 2+ years of leadership experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish preferred
- Manufacturing experience required and must be in a foods, consumer products, packaging, plastics or closely related high-speed processing / packaging environment
- Experience with directing, mentoring, leading, developing, training and disciplining employees as needed
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices, Kaizen, TPM, and/or other methods of Continuous Improvement preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Open to working a 3rd shift as assigned and work weekend and overtime as business needs (overtime is paid)