Hour client is a leading dairy manufacturer worldwide. We are searching for a new Assistant Warehouse Manager for their facility in Southern Wisconsin.
ASSISTANT MANAGER – WAREHOUSE
Core Responsibilities: Assist the Assistant Plant Director to enhance the operational functions, inventory management, and financial performance of the Dry Warehouse department.
You will directly report to the Department Manager.
You will oversee: Dry Warehouse Operators – 4 fulltime employees over two shifts (1st and 2nd)
The department is responsible for the incoming dry goods, such as packaging materials, and distributing them to the Packaging department as needed.
Your supervisory responsibilities will include overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the dry warehouse in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. You will do interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising employees’ performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems,
You need to demonstrate knowledge of Warehousing functions directly related to a manufacturing facility.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent minimum
- Associates degree or higher preferred; or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years job related experience.
- 4+ years Supervisory experience minimum.
- Preferred in perishable and dry goods warehouse
- Inventory control, cycle counts, and FIFO systems formats is a plus.
- OSHA, Food Safety, FDA and USDA;
- Knowledge of ISO and certifications within the food industry (FSSC, ISO 9001);
- Computers and Systems (Microsoft Word, manufacturing operating systems)
Skills / Abilities
- Effective and proficient communicator, written and verbal;
- Business acumen to include problem solving and analysis;
- Able to manage time through efficient planning and organizing of daily production;
If you qualify, you will be offered:
Competitive salary in the at range 66,000 plus 5% bonus potential, attractive benefits package, company products discount, relocation assistance of up to $10,000, generous PTO, 7 Company Holidays, and more perks including products discounts and more…
Opportunity to grow professionally and be promoted from within locally or in any plant throughout the country.