Shift: 2nd shift – 4pm-12:30am Monday-Friday
Location: Fairport NY
- Responsible for managing communication between shifts, supervisors, and leadership.
- Acts as a Role Model Leader, with a positive mindset and a passion to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Drives improvement as an active change agent for the organization.
- Trains, coaches, and evaluates employees to develop each to their greatest potential through ongoing, timely feedback and the Performance Management & Development (PMD) process.
- Apply performance goals and lead team towards achieving those goals using employee participation.
- Develops the capabilities of their employees and supports cross training and career development.
- Appropriately manage / escalate employee conflict.
- Develops talent within the organization including regularly meeting with employees and assisting in the creation of individual development plans with the guidance of the Supervisor.
- The Team Leader supports team in ensuring quality checks are done consistently and in accordance with the appropriate work instructions.
- Lead team to meet or exceed goals including safety, availability, cost, productivity and inventory.
- Manage process improvements within scope of responsibility, utilizing PPI, 5S, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies Lead and promote process improvement initiatives to drive strong performance in safety, product quality, and finance and process efficiency.
- Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to, including managing and required improvement plans for employees.
- Leads and participate in investigations into process failures, product failures, and safety incidents. Performs other duties as needed.
- Associates degree in a technical or business field is preferred. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Requires 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Requires 1-3 years of previous supervisory or leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Possess strong role model leadership skills.
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required.
- Ability to lead and manage root cause analysis activities, including assigning actions and mitigation plans.
- Knowledge of computer applications and current software is desirable.
- Ability to handle complex process, business, and personnel issues independently.
- Ability to direct personnel to accomplish daily work as well as periodic special projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Knowledge of quality processes required, as well as knowledge of cGMP, ISO 13485 and safety (OSHA) regulations.
- Certification as an auditor in a regulated industry is strongly desired.