Utilizing independent judgment, the Business Analyst II leverages technical and non-technical knowledge and processes to solve business and operational challenges and facilitating technology delivery for a fast-paced organization.
- Ensures business/operations have access to relevant information to influence strategic decision-making and the day-to-day management;
- Works cross-functionally to drive strategies, optimize analysis capability, and leverage technical and non-technical knowledge and processes to solve business/operational challenges and problems;
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions and evaluates business/operational process implications of system requirements, making appropriate design/redesign recommendations;
- Analyzes business/operational processes of proposed or completed acquisitions. Provide plans to migrate process of acquired businesses to corporate applications/processes
- Performs implementation planning or business case analysis for applications;
- Creates and maintains processes and procedures to efficiently develop test and deploy decision support tools and reports used in operations. Develops reporting requirements to resolve a variety of business- and operational-related problems
- Manages inventory and life cycle of routine reports to ensure efficient delivery of high quality, high impact business intelligence. Drive the development and enhancement of self-service reports and analytics capabilities, automating when possible
- Documents requirements and workflow diagrams with focus on process improvements
- Develops programming specifications that can be passed to internal, as well as external programming resources as needed;
- Addresses changing user requirements while maintaining design and system integrity;
- Creates and deploys test plans, testing, documenting, and tracking issues while ensuring timely issue resolution;
- Coordinates procedures development and system documentation
- Creates and maintains ad hoc data capture systems as required to provide data not captured by core business applications;
- Contributes to the ongoing development and implementation of a robust business acceptance process in terms of building internal customer relationships, documentation, user training, user support, regular communication and ongoing development;
- Provides expert training and knowledge development to other members and its business units;
- Provides backup and support to the IT Department at other business units on an as needed basis.
- Attends job related conferences/seminars/webinars to maintain level of knowledge current with the changing environment and support business units’ efforts to remain current.
- Must be available for emergency situations that may arise outside the course of the regular workday or workweek.
- Abides by all policies and procedures established by the Company including plant safety regulations and work rules.
- Must have ability and desire to work with others
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an application analyst or similar business analyst position required; Experience working in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of operational and business processes preferred; ERP/Integrated manufacturing system implementation experience (Syteline preferred); Demonstrated project management knowledge and experience, including the ability to successfully conclude projects in an efficient manner.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand and interpret systems architectures from high-level;
- SQL knowledge and ability to write queries to mine and analyze data;
- Ability to write SQL stored procedures and functions
- Progress DB knowledge is a plus;
- Analytical and quantitative skills, including ability to perform a variety of analyses;
- Issue resolution and strong problem-solving skills to result in quality solutions;
- Capability of thinking creatively to originate new ideas and to learn and apply new technologies quickly;
- Possess proactive and self-motivated capabilities to exercise independent judgement;
- Strong organizational and project/time management skills with ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.;
- Execute and conclude projects in an efficient and effective manner with minimal guidance and supervision;
- Produce high level of quality and accuracy with work and operate with integrity and ethically;
- Possess strong work ethic and sense of urgency in executing responsibilities;
- Detail and results- oriented with a strong desire to succeed;
- Proven ability to consult with stakeholders, of all levels, to develop and execute solutions;
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams;
- Ability to train and develop people;
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level