Seeking an experienced Senior Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, or Corporate Account Manager to lead all new sales and business development activities for a global manufacturer of non-destructive thin film packaging inspection technology used in medical devices, biotech, and pharmaceutical applications. As a Business Development Manager, you will manage domestic and international accounts along with global channel partners, utilizing consultative “solutions selling” techniques to develop unique inspection solutions to meet your customers’ specific product or container needs. Our client’s patented equipment systems help improve product quality and process control, while reducing product waste and cost. If you are bright, creative, and thrive on being rewarded for working hard and growing sales in a collaborative scientific team-selling environment…then we have the career for you!
Essential Job Functions include:
- Lead all direct and indirect sales efforts to drive new business growth within the Medical Device, Biotech, and Pharmaceutical packaging industries within defined domestic and international regions.
- Educate, train, and manage the sales activities of regional and global channel partners.
- Establish relationships with customers, provide problem-solving or troubleshooting support, and enhance networking opportunities through referrals.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Drive solution sales and aftermarket sales within existing customer base and new markets.
- Provide input to product management that helps define and quantify new markets, applications, product features, pricing, and competitive intelligence.
- Prepare sales and pipeline reports to management via central CRM software.
- Travel up to 50% both domestically and internationally as needed to increase sales.
- B.S. in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other Technical/Science degree.
- 5+ years within the packaging and container integrity testing industry.
- 5+ years of Technical Sales experience within the Biotech, Pharmaceutical, and/or Medical Devices industries.
- Prior capital equipment sales experience.
- Prior training in consultative “solutions selling” techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Strong competitive drive with track record of high achievements.
- Computer competency with MS Office applications and CRM software navigation.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% overnight, domestically and internationally.
- Valid passport and driver’s license with good driving record.
Compensation for this position includes an attractive base salary, uncapped commissions, performance bonuses, and comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must be comfortable commuting to the Corporate HQ in Westchester County NY. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).