Consumer Marketing Specialist
- Consumer products manufacturer has a need for a Consumer Marketing Specialist
- Organization has been in business for 7 years and has been experiencing between 30-100% growth year after year and as a result they are expanding their staff and hiring for a newly created position to manage and create a direct to consumer marketing sales department
- This position is located in the Palatine, IL office – will work remotely
- Past placements describe the organization as fast paced, an exciting, challenging organization that offers an excellent work-life balance with 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Local candidates only
- This role will work within the D2C team and the corporate marketing team to help define and implement strategies that generate and grow the sales to all D2C customers.
- Leverage technology, data, and content to deliver results.
- Responsible for understanding consumer segments and coding personalized experiences based on data.
- Develop plans and work cross-functionally to identify opportunities that support D2C key performance indicators, regularly reporting success metrics to leadership.
- Developing a paid marketing strategy and identifying, implementing, and optimizing paid channels to scale revenue while maintaining profitability
- Self-manage the department with the intention of it growing to maximize results across owned and paid channels, including SEO, paid media channels and email marketing
- Own marketing KPIs and digital attribution, measuring the ROI of marketing spend and leveraging the insights from those KPIs to adjust campaigns and test new ideas
- Develop and execute a retention strategy, leveraging Email and other channels, to increase repeat purchase and increase customers
- Test new marketing channels to identify new growth opportunities
- Ensure brand mission and values are communicated effectively and develop clear brand campaigns that are executed across all channels
- Present plans for scaling the team at different stages of growth
- Perform other projects as needed
- BS/BA/AAS degree is required; preferably in Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, Business or related majors
- 2+ years of experience working in e-commerce Direct two consumer sales and marketing position
- Experience with D2C advertising platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Constant Contacts, etc.) and analytical tools to track KPI’s and ROI
- Self-directed with the ability to create a department from scratch and having the mentality of owning and creating the department
- Experience working in a or with consumer products, foods, personal care products, toys or closely related manufacturing / distribution industries is preferred.
- Strongly prefer experience working with retailers (i.e. Walmart, Target, HomeGoods, Michaels) and ecommerce sites (i.e. Amazon, Wayfair, Overstock)
- Proficient user in MS Office, and ERP systems preferred
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail, and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak to customers on a daily basis to solve any necessary related problems