Our client in Hanover, MD is immediately seeking a Controller that will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities and other related financial activities while managing Accounting Managers. This position is 100% onsite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- 6+ years of related experience required (A/P, A/R, Bank Reconciliation, Month End Close)
- Manufacturing or Distribution industry experience
- 3+years of leadership experience (Controller or Sr. Accounting Manager)
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong knowledge of Excel and MS Word
- Daily reconciliation of all bank accounts, PayPal accounts, credit card accounts.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Daily accounting functions for all deposits and debits.
- Monitors daily activity of sales orders, back orders and RMAs.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Managing a small team of Accounting Managers
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts, verifies deposits and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Software & Database Management
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High level of Accuracy, Attention to Detail
- Strong Analytical, Math and Problem-Solving Skills
- Organizational and Multi-tasking Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communicator w/Listening Skills