For the past 40 years our client has been a proven and trusted supplier to designers, furniture manufacturers, retailers, jobbers, and the RV industry. They have been a trusted name in the home décor fabric industry for years now due to their huge range of styles and quality fabrics.
The Director of Manufacturing will lead all lead all aspects of the Mill operations. He/she will implement and maintain strict safety procedures. In addition, you will implement and maintain SOP’s and will be responsible for the overall quality of manufactured goods from the Mill. This role will report to the VP of Operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure high quality goods are produced.
- Manage production to hit monthly delivery targets.
- Maintain all necessary inventory quantities.
- Manage scheduling and all necessary factors to maintain high productivity.
- Implement and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all equipment is running efficiently.
- Manage all staff that account for direct and indirect labor of the mill operations.
- Drive safety awareness and create and maintain an active safety program.
- Proactively and periodically measure productivity and make changes when necessary.
- Create a positive working environment of high morale.
- Define, track, and report KPIs that drive productivity and measure success.
- Manage all other aspects that directly or indirectly affected mill production.
- 8-10 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Leading a team of 40+ diverse workers.
- Strong understanding value streams and increasing productivity.
- Experience in retooling and reshaping complex processes.
- A strong engineering background.
- Experience in the textile industry or working with looms and warping machines is a plus.
- Tracking data to make decisions.
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly metrics.