Company’s core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, excellence, and accountability shape our culture and are the foundation of our future success. Challenge yourself and make a difference in the world – Being Here Matters.
Please only apply if you have the PhD degree and experience required. tia.
Job Title: Principal Scientist, Drug Metabolism
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Foster City, CA
The primary responsibility of this pharmacokinetic (PK) scientist is to serve as a PK and drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK) representative and provide guidance to drug discovery project teams and after candidate selection continue with project through drug development phases to registration/post approval. Apply knowledge in primary area of expertise broadly to benefit department across the portfolio.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as DMPK subject matter expert on dynamic cross-functional teams, to define ADME strategy to achieve target product profile, provide in vitro and in vivo drug disposition and DDI data, interpretation and presentations to teams.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to assure a high level of quality and timely delivery of DMPK support.
- Design and perform complex PK analysis, model development and PK/PD analyses to answer translational questions and to provide DMPK guidance for project teams.
- Makes major contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results.
- Ability to communicate and educate others on complex areas of ADMET science as a technical expert. Could be a deep expert in one area with working knowledge of other aspects of drug disposition.
- Supervising associate scientists may be required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- You are a highly motivated individual with PhD degree in life sciences with 8+ years of industry experience in small molecule discovery and development.
- You will demonstrate excellent scientific verbal, technical communication and interpersonal skills. Must be organized, pay attention to details and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- You will have a prior experience contributing to the discovery and development of a drug candidate from preclinical through clinical trials.
- You will be considered an expert in one or more sub-disciplines of ADME or bioanalytical sciences demonstrated through presentation/publication record.
- You are comfortable working with and educating medicinal chemists on strategies to understand and solve ADME and DDI liabilities.
- You are an expert and have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Discovery & development of long acting agents and nucleoside prodrugs
- Expertise in non-oral routes of delivery – for example – inhalation
- Mechanistic PK and pharmacodynamics (PD) analysis, design, interpret, simulation, and report to provide guidance for drug discovery and development projects. For example – PK/PD and physiology-based PK modeling or systems biology using MATLAB/Simbiology, WinNonlin/Phoenix, NONMEM or R.
- Enzymology, biotransformation and reactive metabolite chemistry.
- Principles and theories on PK and ADME science, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports the advancement of drug candidates.
- Capability in the state-of-the-art bioanalysis with previous experience in applying automation to enable high throughput bioanalysis.
- Application of state-of-the-art approaches to understand drug transporter substrate and inhibition liabilities. Ability to quantitatively translate in vitro results to predict in vivo behavior using modeling.
Therapeutic protein bioanalysis, disposition and PK modeling.