Our client is seeking a Front- End Developer who will be responsible for creating reusable code, libraries, and templates for future use of a complex open source web project. Candidate must have previous Development experience of new user-facing features along with Optimizing components for maximum performance across all modern web and mobile browsers
- The Front-End Developer will develop and enhance very large and complex web application.
- Ensuring UI/UX code base is scalable and maintainable
- Own and create reusable components of a complex web architecture and may directs the work of other team members.
- Builds and creates reusable frameworks that can be consumed internally and externally by other companies.
- This position will own components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members; scaling projects efficiently while maximizing performance and minimizing costs and ensuring quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Troubleshoots, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assists in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Ensures new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- May oversee development team and coordinate strategies among teams to ensure technologies are interconnected and product lines are working smoothly
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Lead other engineers in prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines; identify, track and mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Train, coach and mentor other engineers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have Strong Experience Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable Modules and Components
- Experience in CSS and HTML
- Experience in constructing engineering and architectural patterns
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Passionate to learn and willingness to stay current with their technical skills
- Ability to breakdowns problem into meaning components for developers to work on
- Ability to identify, own and solve problems independently or as part of a team
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience with NPM (Node Package Management)
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology or related field required