Job summary of the Functional Safety Engineer:
- Lead Major OEM project with regards to full functional safety life cycle
- Provide feedback and guidance to the engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software on safety needs
- Recommend requirement, design, and V&V changes to improve the project’s safety needs.
- Create, Maintain, and control the work products for the full safety life cycle
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience as a safety analyst/engineer/manager in an automotive environment, with at least two full life-cycles under your belt.
- Experience with ASIL-B projects
- Solid understanding of embedded software and/or hardware engineering domains. You need to be able to read the code and/or hardware schematics to find potential issues, and push through resolutions.
- Experience in safety analysis methods and tools
- Experience with DIA and Safety Plans
- Experience with Preliminary Hazard and Dependent Failure /Common cause analysis
- Experience with FTA from create to analysis
- Experience with FMEA/FMEDA along with the knowledge of Hardware Matrics Calculation
- Experience performing Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
- Automotive Cyber Security skills/experience a plus
Salary Range: Upto 132K/year. Depending on experience
Location: Southfiled, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful – Functional Safety, ASIL – B, DIA, Hazard Analysis, FTA, FMEA, DFMEA, Automotive