- Fortune 500 foods processing facility has expanded and is hiring for newly created role as they want to groom this person into the next HR Manager
- The HR Generalist are responsible for employee relations, recruiting, training, and coordinating the work activities for 800 employees
- Company has been in business for 75 years with sales around $30 billion.
- They offer fantastic benefits, growth potential, work-life balance and team-oriented environment
- Full comprehensive Relocation assistance will be provided
- This role is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, employment, and employment law compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands all HR policies, procedures, and guidelines; communicate and reinforce organization values.
- Plans, prepares documents and conducts HR related functions from on-boarding through the life- cycle of employment that fosters positive employee relations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements ensuring adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Supports team member development by scheduling, delivering and tracking training.
- Stays current in HR best practices by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by initiating and supporting activities that drive engagement through the Facility.
- Conduct interviews, hiring and onboarding.
- Coordinate new hire orientation.
- Handles employee’s inquiries regarding policies and procedures, payroll, benefits, and time off request.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required, ideally in HR, Business Management, Operations Management, or similar
- 2+ years of Human Resource generalist experience, experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is required; prefer food or related high-speed industries.
- Knowledge of local and national labor laws.
- Experience with working with recruiters, interviewing and screening resumes for hourly and or salaried employees
- Experience in delivering training and assisting with changing cultures is a plus
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of benefits administration is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products. SAP and Applicant Tracking Systems is a plus.