The HR Manager, reporting to the Regional HR Manager, is responsible for management, execution, and delivery of local HR support and services for the Decatur facility. Assures operations and deliverables meet or exceed plant objectives, follow corporate and operational strategies, and integrate as appropriate with other HR functions.
- Serves on the site leadership team; acts as a coach, advisor, and confidante to operations leaders
- Manages plant HR activities such as hourly recruiting, performance management, employee/labor relations, and local talent management efforts
- Helps drive high performance work systems with a leadership role in driving organization capability
- Leverage specialized knowledge about the unique plant’s practices, business needs, people, and procedures to execute HR tasks
- Support the functional strategy by designing programs, policies, and practices to attract, retain, and/or engage talent in alignment with the business strategy
- Manage supplemental activities such as community outreach, employee events, etc.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Provide excellent service to ensure activities provide the intended experience for end users in an efficient and effective manner; manage tasks of self and team to assure deadlines are met according to established service levels/targets
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Management, Organization Development, or related field is required
- At least 7 or more years HR functional experience required (e.g., employee and labor relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, learning, employee data); preferably in a generalist role
- Previous management experience is required
- Experience working at a manufacturing site is required; food manufacturing experience is preferred
- Experience leading and mentoring a team and helping to foster/create a “great place to work”
- Experience delivering and improving HR plant processes to maximize efficiency & deliver quality services
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities & projects through successful delivery & implementation under time, budget, and political pressure
- Experience working, monitoring, and interacting with third-party vendors
- Strong people leadership skills and demonstrated track record of success leading initiatives
- Significant business/operational knowledge with an understanding of risks, challenges, and advantages
- Experience working in High Performance Organization work systems is desirable
- PHR or SPHR desirable