Fantastic opportunity for Immunohistochemistry Technologist at a beautiful facility located near Atlanta, GA.
Work at a 643-bed, private, not-for-profit hospital – is a leader in patient care that’s helped the Atlanta community get better and stay well for more than a century. Named the top acute-care community hospital in metro Atlanta in U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hospitals list, this hospital consistently ranks in the top five among metro Atlanta hospitals in patient experience scores.
Immunohistochemical assay design, implementation and troubleshooting, as well as the processing,
Embedding and sectioning of fixed specimens. Job responsibilities include equipment maintenance,
Reagent preparation, data entry, ordering, maintenance of laboratory supplies, documentation of quality control and archiving.
- Performs technical laboratory tests and related activities
- Resolves technical problems.
- Assists in the maintenance, training, and development of new procedures
- Performs Quality Control (QC)/ instrument maintenance.
- Enters/ retrieves/transmits Laboratory test data into LIS/HIS.
- Documents all pertinent information.
- Performs projects/additional tasks assigned by section supervisor.
- Supervises technical activities of the section in the absence of the supervisor.
- Completes continuing education events as required for job classification (8 hours)
- Two years of IHC laboratory experience required (experience needs to be within the last year).
- Certification as a Histotechnician (HT) or Histotechnologist (HTL), or ASCP. QIHC certification preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus a sufficient number of college and/or technical school courses and clinical training in Histology to satisfy the requirements for testing and certification as a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist.
Full benefits included!
Together with our healthcare facility partners, we ensure that healthcare professionals have the skills, tools and support needed to fulfill their mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences. This means taking a holistic, long-term view of your career options and taking as good a care of our people as our hospital partners take of their patients. When healthcare professionals are empowered with the right skills, tools and employment opportunity to fulfill their mission – something incredible happens. Patient satisfaction soars, employee collaboration takes hold and healthcare organizations deliver high quality, sustainable access to care.