This position supports sales and operations and is responsible for managing the chemistry and metallurgical laboratories and the personnel of both functions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the analytical and metallurgical testing equipment in the chemistry and metallurgical labs.
- Responsible for lab adherence to Quality System requirements (AS9100, ISO 17025, etc.)
- Manages the personnel in the chemistry and metallurgical laboratories.
- Makes personnel decisions regarding hiring and firing of laboratory personnel.
- Responsible for evaluating and overseeing procurement of new or replacement laboratory equipment.
- Assigns projects related to laboratory equipment and/or chemical analysis.
- Supports Operations in regard to in process chemistries and laboratory testing
- Works with Sales Department on laboratory capabilities
- Other projects as requested, including travel (local, national and international), if required.
- Abides by all policies and procedures established by the Company including plant safety regulations and work rules.
- Must have ability and desire to work with others.
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Four-year Technical Degree required or a commensurate level of experience.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred.
Minimum ten (10) years experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably in the steel industry.
Minimum five (5) years laboratory experience preferred.
Supervisory experience preferred.