Unit Manager (RN) (Sign-on Bonus) Must have LTC experience in Michigan!
Sterling Heights, MI
We are currently offering a $6,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit in a long term facility
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, degree preferred.
- Licensed as a RN
- Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
- Experience: Three years of nursing experience, of which one year was in a long term care environment.
- Performs General Management Functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident’s conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is administered.
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a continuing basis.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with procedures.
- Participates in facility “QA” program
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.