General duties include:
- Maintain all building, utility and production equipment in an orderly and efficient manner
- Perform necessary repairs to equipment and building as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance scheduled services for all equipment and enter date onto equipment records
- An associate’s degree or vocational certificate in a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a pharmaceutical, food, or chemical manufacturing environment in a maintenance mechanic position is required.
- Prior experience with a preventative maintenance program for production, utility and building systems including keeping equipment records preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic and electronic control systems and PLC based systems utilizing equipment schematics and specialized testing equipment
- Familiar with use and operation of test equipment such as digital voltmeters, ammeters, temperature probes, and pneumatic calibrators
- Knowledgeable with servicing and operating building utility equipment such as boilers, air compressors chillers.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with hand and power tools
- Must be familiar with and possess the ability to read, understand and use electrical drawings, system drawings and panel layout sheets; as well as wiring diagrams
- Recent and relevant familiarity with execution and documentation of preventive maintenance following cGMP in protocols, logbooks and general maintenance documents
- Recent familiarity with granulators, fluid bed dryers, mixers, blenders, tablet presses, encapsulation machines, tablet coating pans, sterile manufacturing and pharmaceutical packaging line equipment. Preference working with Blow Fill Seal equipment
- Recent familiarity with Aseptic Manufacturing Equipment: Vial Filling, Lyophilizers, Prefilled Syringes and Ampoules
- Understanding of Purified Water, Water For Injection, and Clean Steam Generation and Distribution a plus