What you’ll do
The Maintenance and Reliability Manager will provide strategic ownership for the development and deployment of the plant maintenance / reliability program; as well as the development of team members to focus on equipment reliability to achieve a “zero loss” mindset culture. In this role, you will provide leadership, technical knowledge and collaboration with operations to ensure integration of both proactive and reactive maintenance services in the attainment of short and long term facility and company objectives. Ensure the effective and efficient maintenance of company assets and procedures while achieving maximum equipment reliability and availability performance and lowest overall costs. You will champion increasing plant equipment reliability and performance efficiency, while minimizing unscheduled plant interruptions and reducing scheduled downtime using analysis, planning and continuous improvement tools to optimize the company’s physical assets, processes and strategies.
- Implement, deploy and oversee sustainable maintenance and repair processes, incorporating best practices for effective and efficient utilization of employee resources and improve environmental health and safety performance while ensuring compliance with maintenance and inventory standards and procedures.
- Develop and deploy an Equipment Reliability Program (ERP) which enables continuous improvement process based on gap identification and elimination, performing continual analysis and assessments and follow up on actions to manage risk and loss potential to personnel, equipment and plant operations.
- Promote and deploy a performance monitoring system with metrics focusing on asset reliability improvement, failure identification and elimination and communicate locally and regionally performance based on the plan.
- Manage and develop a maintenance and reliability staff focused on maintenance of machinery, building, and grounds.
- Develop a long-term reliability plan to address facility operational improvement and sustainment and implement and track facility maintenance costs in accordance with effective reliability principles to improve the overall facility results.
- Contribute to the capital planning process, preparing relevant capital commitment information for assigned project work and ensure that maintenance resources are available and information and knowledge related to equipment reliability and maintainability are transferred to the project team.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions.
- You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of leadership experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively within multiple levels of the organization to influence and build and maintain collaborative working partnerships
- Proven experience in developing and implementing sustainable Equipment Reliability Programs.
- Working knowledge of local and regional safety, health and environmental regulations
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Certified maintenance reliability professional (CMRP) certification, IRCC Reliability-Centered Maintenance certification, or similar.
- Formal training and/or certification in predictive maintenance technologies.
- Experience in managing and leading RCFA (root cause failure analysis)