Job Summary: Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs complex electrical and mechanical equipment. Performs preventative maintenance and improvements on electrical, electromechanical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment; redesign process equipment to meet production demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and rapidly respond to production and plant equipment failures in response to the Work Order request system.
- Use electrical knowledge, wiring diagrams, and technical manuals to troubleshoot and promptly repair complex electrical malfunctions.
- Perform maintenance troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repair on plant electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Test equipment and tools to quickly aid in troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Plumbing skills to complete repairs and fix leaks on chemical handling/processing equipment.
- Working knowledge of plant processes and process control equipment.
- Order repair parts and supplies to complete projects and repairs.
- Use personal judgment and discretion for all facility and equipment repair decisions including when to use outside contractors with review of supervisor.
- Able to perform all PM’s (preventative maintenance) on equipment and capable of establishing or enhancing PM procedures.
- Proficient working knowledge of shops machine tools such as drill press, welder, table saw, etc.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Participate in the company continuous improvement plan.
- Participate in housekeeping duties in maintenance shop and as required.
- Timely response to work orders, specifically those associated with immediate production down time.
- Timely complete closeout of work orders.
- Plan projects from design through completion phases.
- Enter estimated and actual time to complete work requests in computerized maintenance system.
- Assist other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- At managers discretion may be required to be on-call.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair complicated manufacturing equipment such as plant electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as mechanical/electrical schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Computer skills in Maintenance Management System Database software. Duties may include: Collecting technical manuals, diagrams, spare parts, etc. on new equipment. Assigns Asset Number to equipment and enter appropriate information into CMMS data bank and file cabinet. Reviews and updates preventive maintenance schedules and communicates changes to CMMS Administrator. Inventory and record spare parts, and suppliers for equipment in CMMS.
- Able to operate and a working knowledge of the following tools and materials: Computer, hand tools, power tools, electrical test equipment, computer interfaces, forklift, blueprints, welding equipment, power supplies, and industrial parts catalogs. MATERIALS: wood, steel, nuts, bolts, nails, screws, all other varieties of hardware, wire, fuses, conduit and other electrical supplies; all plumbing components; acids, lubricants, paints, solvents.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Comprehensive plumbing knowledge and repair experience.
- Knowledge of mathematical calculations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work as a team member and independently.
- Quality – looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Abides by safety and security procedures- knowledge of Lockout / Tagout.
Education and/or Experience:
Prefer Associate degree in Electrical/Manufacturing Maintenance or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Cell Process Area Operations (Pay for Knowledge)
- Basic Troubleshooting of Electrical Controls and Instruments
- Operate/Service Chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, thermal oxidizer, HVAC systems, dust collectors, scrubber system
- Repair and troubleshoot vacuum pumps, vapor recovery systems, process control instrumentation, refrigeration, linear and rotary control valves
- PLC/DCS systems
- Install up to 480 VAC equipment, troubleshoot circuits including switchgear, local and remote motor disconnects