Our client for the past 50 plus years has been providing custom fabricated parts from elastomeric materials; solid rubber, sponge rubber, felt, cork, and plastics, as well as a 3M Converter / Distributor. They specialize in high-speed rotary die cutting of materials with pressure sensitive adhesives, supplying OEM, electrical, display, construction, fenestration and other markets. They are a ISO9001-2008 company.
He/she will play a key role in determining customer pricing for the custom products and services they provide based upon material, labor, process and other Inputs.
- Must be process oriented, interested in manufacturing and detail oriented
- Perform takeoffs from drawings/blueprints. Review data to determine material and labor requirements
- Prepare manufacturing material and labor costs estimates for projects
- Coordinate with manufacturing, engineering, purchasing and sales to provide the most cost-effective process
- Correspond with salespeople to resolve any issues related to their project and to clarify necessary information
- Correspond with vendors to determine costs related to raw materials and purchasing services.
- Responsible to coordinate with sales the collection and analysis of feedback from quotes
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions
- Generate price lists and increases, as deemed necessary
- Create Bill of Materials, Drawings & Blueprints
- Design & Purchase Tooling
- Cross train in other departments as a backup
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years related experience and/or training
- Mechanical or manufacturing Engineering major a plus.
- Read architectural drawings and blueprints
- Apply concepts of basic geometry
- Ability to problem solve with strong math skills
- Team player with excellent people and communication skills
- General computer literacy
- Strong Excel skills
- Detailed oriented
Competitive base salary, solid benefits with additional perks