An OEM/Systems Integrator is looking for a Network Engineer with a background in Industrial Controls to develop system designs of PC based automation systems. Designs include network topology, hardware specification, software optimization, and knowledge of industrial protocols. The role involves interacting and directing the client end user’s IT departments to integrate the automation project into their company’s infrastructure. The ideal candidate can provide a solid bridge between the OT (Operational Technology) and IT worlds.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, and integrating the architecture of projects in the automation control systems branch of their business.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Established company (over 40 years) working in very stable industries
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits packages including Health, Dental, Vision and 401K match
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in a related field, or a technical background equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 10 years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
- Understanding of industrial process control systems using PLC and PC based architectures
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of the practical application of OT design and systems.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the use of various network monitoring and packet capture tools
- Familiarity with VPN protocols such as SSL VPN and IPSec
- Knowledge of ESXI
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL and MYSQL/MariaDB
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multiple projects from cradle to grave
- Communication with the customer to ensure the success of projects
- Ensure best practices are used by both the company Controls Engineers and the customers’ IT departments.
- Establish or participate in problem analysis and system design as required
- Conduct detailed analysis and study of requirements for integrated systems and complex single application programs
- Help with the development and preparation of documentation of operating procedures, testing, and field service
- Interface with software engineers to create products that are consistent with the look and feel of the existing product line
- Support Controls Engineers through start-ups, updates, troubleshooting and modification of networking and relevant equipment
- Ensure proper and thorough communication with customers, and internal team members on the status of projects
- Assist Sales to develop pricing and project scopes of new opportunities.
- Develop, present, or respond to change orders and proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Provide both phone (via modem and/or VPN connection to customer site) and on-site start-up and troubleshooting support for projects.
- Support customers by solving network issues in virtualized environments
- TRAVEL up to 20% nationwide travel with the possibility of international travel