CONTROLLER , Direct Path to CFO
Summary: Our client is a large, international manufacturer. They are known for their state-of-the-art manufacturing processes. In this role, you will be the right-hand person for the CFO, with a direct path to the CFO position within a few years. This role will interact closely with the Plant Manager, will manage budgets and make sure variances are understood. We are looking for someone from a large, capital-intense manufacturing operation.
The ideal candidate would be a Controller with a strong manufacturing background and with a strong background in Cost Accounting. The purpose of this position is to manage all facets of cost accounting, finance, and costing to ensure: accurate cost center allocations, appropriate controls are in place, manage the data integrity of the SAP system, and perform period and year end closings.
Note: This position is a nationwide search and is being advertised across the country. The actual location may be different than the location it is being advertised in.
- Financial reporting and projections.
- Evaluate accounting operations and improve systems where needed.
- Develop and follow-up on budgets of all Manufacturing & Manufacturing Service Cost Centers.
- Establish and maintain internal controls.
- Building a comprehensive detailed analyses and reporting structure (especially on the cost of goods manufactured portion) of the P&L.
- Assist cost center managers in their recurrent cost center analyses, ensuring BOMs and Routings are accurate and meaningful.
- Ensure Standards for material, labor & overhead rates are accurate and meaningful.
- Perform monthly analysis of variances (Labor, PPV, Overhead).
- Ensure the appropriate controls and structure are in place for scrap and cycle count reporting.
- Participate in coordinating the annual budget process.
- Review monthly reconciliation of accounts.
- BS in Accounting or Finance. – CPA/CMA strongly preferred
- 5 years experience in manufacturing cost accounting.
- 15 years of total accounting experience, with 5+ of that in cost accounting, the rest as a Controller in manufacturing.
- Ability to identify and analyze business issues; developing and recommending solutions.
- Assertive personality and very dead-line oriented.
- Strong cost accounting understanding.
- Very strong presentation skills, and comfort presenting to executive team.
- Detailed and team oriented.