Our Blacksburg, VA client is looking to hire a Plant Controller. This Controller will function as a key member of the core plant management team. Manage, direct and coordinate all plant accounting and financial reporting activities and sure financial integrity of plant operations.
- Provide financial direction/support to plant manager/core management team.
- Provide financial analysis to monitor spending in key areas (labor, scrap, spending, inventory).
- Establish, monitor and enforce internal controls and ensure compliance with division policies and procedures.
- Develop and drive cost reduction/elimination programs.
- Prepare and review plant capital spending requests/projects.
- Responsible for all reporting and accounting of monthly, quarterly and annually financial reporting.
- Develop annual plant budget and periodic forecasts.
- Input and review product segment statistical allocations.
- Preparation and control of plant balance sheet.
- Physical inventory reporting/coordination.
- Prepare various financial models, account reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, transactional processing, journal entry creation.
- Develop and direct plant management through cost/benefit analysis and other plant financial initiatives.
- Review and confirm A/P vocher batches
- Prepare sales and use tax returns.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-7 years of financial related experience.
- Plant Manufacturing and cost accounting experience preferred.
- SAP R/3 experience (FI, CO, MM and PP modules) preferred.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Windows applications.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off