This person will work for a company that is on the cutting-edge of a up-and-coming consumer product. This company was one of the first in its space and is poised for exponential growth, as evidenced by the fact that they are nearing completion of a 130,000 sq ft. manufacturing space in the Lexington KY area. This position will oversee a team of 5-6 direct reports that will continue to grow as the company grows. This position’s main responsibilities will be:
– Directing the development and manufacture of formulated products
– Serving as a product liaison between this company’s formulations group and groups in the UK to ‘cross sell’ production between the US and EU markets
– Serving as the scientific leader of the formulations group by managing formulated products R&D, knowing ingredient options to ascertain formulations that sustain and broaden the company’s product offering and by having a solid grounding in finished product specifications
What’s In It For You?
This company is poised for excellent growth in the near future and this is the chance to get in on the early stage and help grow it. Not only will this new facility allow this company to expand its production capability and market share, it will allow for a more diverse set of products to bring to market. As the company grows, your responsibility will grow as well.
– M.S. or Ph.D. in Food Technology, Food Science, Chemistry, or some other degree with equivalent experience
– 5+ years of formulations experience at a lab level
– 5+ years of experience working in GMP labs or manufacturing settings
– 3+ years of experience managing a team of people (exempt and/or non-exempt)
– Must understand ingredient interactions and their implications on product stability