Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of analytical instrumentation used in R&D Labs. They have an opening for a Product Specialist for Materials Characterization and Rheology. The position will be based in the Los Angeles area. The Product Specialist applies scientific knowledge and principles to provide in-depth training and assistance to the sales staff and customers on the proper use of the company product lines. The Product Specialist also represents the company as a technical expert with respect to the assigned product lines.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Provides customers with technical and application assistance on the proper use of proprietary hardware and software
- Performs installations for new instruments at customer sites
- Conducts market and competitive analysis from relevant sources such as marketing reports and research, publications, conferences, trade shows, and product demonstrations
- Determines experimental design for prospect testing, conducts said testing, and completes professional reports
- Assists in developing sales aids and promotional materials, such as application notes and reports
- Researches, writes, and presents technical articles, papers and posters
- Maintains the highest level of knowledge of company products and services and the underlying scientific and technical principles
- Should possess analytical problem solving, creative thinking skills, excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, and exceptional customer service skills
- Ideal candidates will have advanced knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering science and technology
- Frequent overnight travel (30-50%)
- Maintaining a valid driver’s license and passport
- Bachelor’s degree required in chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics or related field.
- Industrial laboratory experience and/or experience working in the analytical instrumentation industry preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
The company offers a great salary, profit sharing and a low-cost full family benefits package that starts on day one. The company also pays a $10K anniversary bonus to employees every 5 years of employment.