- Plan, schedule and direct the work effort of the production floor to meet daily, weekly, monthly and annual production goals, and meet all annual plant objectives.
- Assist in the development and ensure the physical execution of specific strategic objectives; for example, yield improvement, OPLH, GMP adherence, schedule attainment, safety improvement, operations standard operating procedures.
- Manage all aspects of daily time for hourly employees including but not limited to job assignments and overtime.
- Coordinate with cross functional departments to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives; for example, coordinating the release of equipment with QA and the repair of equipment with the Maintenance Team.
- Manage employee performance through motivation, delegation, development, counselling and resolving conflict; evaluate and manage department staff.
- Assist in developing and implementing techniques to improve quality, reduce unsellable product, and increase customer service satisfaction.
- Complete Daily Production Reports timely and accurately. Communicate all issues timely and accurately to Production Manager/Assistant Plant Manager and/or Plant Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager and or senior leadership.
- High School Diploma Required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience with Ammonia based systems
- Experience with thermal cooked foods systems/preferably kettle cooked foods systems
- Demonstrated ability and growth potential.
- Knowledge of production, preferably hands on experience with troubleshooting, investigating incidents, identifying root cause and documenting findings.
- Strong written communication skills with a strong ability to collaborate and work well with cross-functional teams
- Track record of successful process/project work and problem solving
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred