The Production Manager will maintain a manufacturing environment providing a safe and quality focused
Production process while assisting the Plant Manager in continuing the self-directed teaming ensuring lean
operations principles are achieved.
- Manage the implementation of manufacturing process improvement projects and standards.
- Possess the ability to identify and recognize process inefficiencies.
- Troubleshoot process and equipment problems by utilizing the team concept.
- Implement process improvements by working with all available resources.
- Assist the Plant Manager in developing the Plant Operating Plan.
- Participate in the development and execution of strategies and initiatives.
- Establish both short term and long-term production goals and define key measures of success.
- Assist with identifying root causes for breakdowns and bottlenecks in the operations.
- Focus on Continuous Improvement processes.
- Ensure good communication and consistency of information between all departments in the plant.
- Work to integrate teaming efforts of the maintenance, engineering, and quality groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 5+ yrs. Management experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of strategic and operational planning.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and lead teams to solve complex problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality systems.