Expanding company at their large manufacturing facility located in a metropolitan area in east / central Alabama has an opportunity for a Production Scheduler to be responsible for assisting, coordinating and following up of production planning and inventory control for manufacturing operations. Will plan for and complete production scheduling for all make-to-stock and make-to-order products. Will provide feedback to operations as to the status of “production critical” issues, recommend alternatives and solutions to inventory control problems, and recommend new methodologies or efficiencies to support profitability (process improvement). Will coordinate and determine finished goods and sub-assemblies for clean room production, track jobs to provide release dates of finished goods for customer service. Will also firm work orders in support of on-time production. Will provide reports and report analysis of production, including analysis of on time vs. late deliveries of specials and non-sterile, weekly tracking reports, weekly analysis and breakdown of orders, finished goods and inventory reports. Will review inventory status, provide information as to the monthly status, coordinate counts for released components, and organize component folders for release to support manufacturing needs and inventory schedules Will also coordinate staging of rework and maintain rework and prelim logs. Will follow all reporting and documentation as required by established policies, practices and procedure. Benefits begin the first day of employment and there is relocation assistance available.
- Deadline driven professional with excellent internal & external customer service skills
- ERP experience required and SAP would be a plus
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or equivalent needed
- 3 – 5+ years planning experience in a manufacturing environment required
- APICS certification would be a plus, but not required
- Lots of drive with an “eager to learn” attitude
- Must have experience in planning and coordinating jobs for assembly to control inventory while optimizing capacity and minimizing finished goods and component inventories.
- Manufacturing environment experience is required to get up and running quickly