- $20 Billion global foods manufacturer that has been in business for 50+ years has a need for a 2 Production Supervisor (1 on 2nd shift and 1 on 3rd shift)
- They have 50+ facilities nationwide and this is the largest operation with it being over 500,000 sqf and offering a ton of growth potential
- Our client offers great benefits, stability, and a great team environment.
- This job is open due a $50 million expansion and a product line
- FULL relocation assistance provided
- Supervise plant production line workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent practices to produce the highest quality products
- Utilize lean and six-sigma principles to implement continuous improvement methodologies to increase production
- Maintain production records and ensures production workers are completing records correctly and in a timely manner.
- Analyze production runs and make suggestions for improvement
- Manage, evaluate and train staff by coaching, conduction performance appraisals, administering corrective action, training and development by on-the-job programs and appropriate off the job programs.
- Responsible for making quality products that meet all customer standards
- Identify significant issues related to quality, safety, down time, production problems or any other unexpected issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent manufacturing / military leadership / supervision experience required
- 2+ years of food manufacturing experience required; preferably from a baking, meat processing, met packaging, RTE, RTC, USDA or similar food processing facility
- Good attitude, hardworking, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to think outside the box and use root cause analysis to solve problems
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
- Knowledgeable of GMP’s, FDA, AIB, USDA, SQF and OSHA regulations
- Open to working 2ndshift (3 pm – 11 pm) or 3rd shift (11 pm – 7 am) and work overtime / weekends when necessary (overtime will be paid)
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, six-sigma or other continuous improvement tools. Lean or Six-sigma certifications
- Able to work in a high-speed facility with the capability of tracking KPI’s, efficiencies and implementing lean manufacturing or continuous improvement methodologies
- Military veteran