Project Manager (Electrical Construction)
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading electrical construction projects for this leading commercial electrical construction firm here in Central Ohio. They will actively seek and monitor opportunities to bid and/or secure work for the Company which includes selectively providing budget or technical resources for existing and new clients. The Project Manager will prepare bids and/or estimates in a methodical manner to ensure that pricing represents the scope as defined in the construction documents and reflects the bidding environment at the time of preparation.
- Actively maintain positive relationships with existing clients and accounts.
- Work with the client/owner, superintendent, foremen, safety coordinator, accounting department and others, to plan organize and direct activities concerned with the project. This includes planning, scheduling, and conducting the pre-construction meeting of all concerned parties.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Confer with the foremen and discuss work procedures, anticipated construction issues/complaints, and potential areas for improvement, use of prefabrication, and the various reports.
- Initiate and maintain a positive relationship and communication with the client/owners and other business contacts to facilitate project activities, progress, and successful completion.
- Monitor and control the project through effective management of the foremen, material purchases, and subcontractors to ensure the project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years previous project management experience.
- Electrical and tolerate commercial construction experience.
- Proficient with software estimating programs.
- Proficient with project management software