RN Coordinator – Endoscopy
Location: South Bend, IN.
Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus Available based on Experience
The RN Coordinator – Endoscopy will report to the Director. This role assesses the needs of patients and initiates, implements and evaluates individualized plans of care. Collaborates with other professional, clinical and ancillary staff in providing quality care to patients.
This is an opportunity to step into a lead position within an organization that promotes growth and education. The department is small, close knit, and work very closely with the physicians to ensure every patient experience is exceptional.
This is an integral part of our endoscopy team that helps us meet our strategic goals from within the department. They will interact with physicians and multiple departments. They are responsible for managing inventory and reducing waste.
Our Client’s mission is to enhance the well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services. The goal is Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value, easy access and convenience, outstanding patient experiences and ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana. Candidates hired after January 1, 2020 must have or obtain a BSN within three years of employment as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge and competency in performing nursing care procedures, assessments, treatment and techniques.
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions related to patient care.
- Demonstrates the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, visitors, physicians and others.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Requires an understanding of the need to be responsive and reasonably adaptable for scheduling purposes, when necessary, due to extenuating circumstances in support of co-workers and department functions.
- Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to perform conscious sedation and tech side of endoscopy.
- Must take weekday and holiday call
- Must be able to perform conscious sedation and tech side of endoscopy, must take weekday and holiday call, Must have BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Previous leadership skills, previous performance improvement skills, previous supply management skills
Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, and certain undesirable patient care activities. May be exposed to bio-hazards. Must be able to report to work location within 30 minutes when on call.
Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
South Bend is a unique area that hosts Notre Dame University. There is lots to do outdoors and is only an hour from Chicago lending to being the best of both worlds including a very reasonable cost of living