Primary functions of the RN Case Manager are to coordinate patient care with the interdisciplinary team including physicians, family, and referring agency: and administer skilled nursing care for clients in their place of residence and assumes the responsibility for coordination of care.
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse
- Current CPR Certification
- Two years’ experience as Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting, home health preferred
- Reliable transportation with a valid Driver’s License and Auto Liability Insurance
- Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Hepatitis consent/declination
- Case manages and provides clinical directions to the interdisciplinary team, physician and family
- Implement, develop and document the plan of care
- Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Assess home health patients to identify the physical, psycho social, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report and evaluations.
- Assure continuity of qualify patient care delivered with appropriate documentation
- Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payor
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency
- Promote agency philosophy and administrative policies
- Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call service to patients/families as assigned
- Supervises and provide direction to the home health aide and the LVN