NIGHTS – Medical Surgical RN – Plano, TX
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends) 3X12 hr. shifts per week 7P-7A
Unit does self scheduling
This hospital is a full-service, Magnet designated 600+-bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. Our services include a level 1 trauma center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women’s and children’s services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
The Med Surg RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for medical/surgical inpatients with a specialty focus on orthopedics.
- Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care
- Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements
- Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
- As a Med Surg RN you can choose to work in one of four specialty areas: General Med Surg, Oncology, Orthopedics, Ortho Trauma and Telemetry.
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current BLS/ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- Must have at least one (1) year RECENT Med Surg RN experience in an acute care hospital
WILL NOT CONSIDER REHAB, LTAC OR HOME HEALTH
- Must have a strong background in Med Surg
- Nurse to patient ratio- 1:5/6
- #Beds per unit- 35
- Reports to the unit manager