Our client is a leading manufacturer in the Life Sciences industry, experiencing significant growth and supporting critical manufacturing of products for saving lives. Positions are open in the Boston area (Bedford and Chelmsford). Our client offers a highly competitive compensation package as well as excellent opportunities for career growth. The Senior Chemical Processing/Batch Technicians are responsible for performing and training new employees on all production related operations. The Senior Manufacturing Technician will also act as a Process Knowledge expert by assisting various departments in change management processes, such as Engineering Change Orders, Safety Management of Change, Maintenance projects, PPI projects, etc. They will also assist with scale up and new product introductions into the large-scale manufacturing suite.
Responsibilities of the Senior Chemical Processing/Batch Technician include:
· Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards and place proper emphasis on safety and quality
· Operate various process equipment including reactors, pressure filters, pumps, filling, labeling and packaging equipment according to written SOP’s and UOP’s in a large scale, chemical batch manufacturing process.
· Performs and trains new employees on various activities in accordance with SOP and UOP’s to carry out unit operations such as the following: equipment changeovers with Lock Out Tag Out and Confined space protocols, Elutriation processes and finished product discharges, R-Bead polymerization processes, Bead Coating processes, and BDX and POP processes.
· Maintain batch and equipment records per department’s ISO13485 standards and Good Documentation practices with a high focus on quality.
· Perform required in process testing to continue manufacturing processes such as pH, moisture/solids content analysis, particle size analysis, refractive index, and UV/VIS analysis.
Requirements for Senior Chemical Processing/Batch Technician:
- High School Diploma or GED a must, Associates degree preferred with 5+ years of relevant experience, Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Chemical or similar batch manufacturing experience is a must
- Experience in cGMP environment, use of Delta V and/or SAP is preferred.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills are required to be effective in this role.
- Ability to interpret data, perform basic calculations, and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly organized and excellent at multi-tasking, proactive, hardworking, and self motivated.
- Ability to stand for 80% of the shift, move ~40 lbs up one flight of stairs, push 55 gallon drums on wheeled dollies and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including work uniform, steel toe shoes, hair net, safety glasses, bump cap, and nitrile gloves. PPE may also include face shield, respirator, and smock.