Senior Crisis Management Specialist – CO or other
(Preferred location is COLORADO SPRINGS, CO; however, Atlanta, GA | Fairfax, VA, | Cleveland Ohio, OH | Portland, OR, | Washington, DC are also acceptable). Will work remotely but must be in one of these regions.
As a Senior Crisis Management Specialist, you will play a vital role in assisting with and supporting the Executive Leadership team for Crisis Management across corporate -wide IT operations. This includes the development, maintenance, and delivery of Crisis Management programs, engaging, training and presenting information to senior leaders (SVP’s, VP;s, etc) Your goal is to PROACTIVELY ensure effective crisis management strategies are in place and ready for large-scale incidents (e.g. facilities issues that occur, cyber security, weather – related dangers, pandemic, etc.). You will do this by ensuring processes are well documented and rehearsed, plans are maintained and communicated, data is organized and available to support effective decision-making, and risk management strategies are leveraged. Ensure that all relevant parties have completed training, all processes are documented and all are ready to respond to and rebound from incidents or crisis. The Senior Crisis Management Specialist has a passion for problem solving, helping others, and using technology and data to drive solutions. The position may require off-hour, on-call support and may include occasional (twice yearly) business-related travel.
The Senior Crisis Management Specialist will report to the Director of Crisis Management. This role is an individual contributor role but will support and have ownership of select areas of the crisis management program to include crisis management plans, exercises, technology solutions, and day-to-day operations.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position will serve as a senior specialist on the management of business continuity assets and processes for IT, resiliency business planning, financial and contracts management, audit, compliance, methods, processes and quality assurance functions by leading risk, hazard, vulnerability and business impact assessments on IT people and technology disruptions; develop mitigation strategies, business continuity and crisis response plans; and lead testing, emergency response, and recovery. This position will also provide insight, expertise, and consultation on the selection of operating and recovery strategies for the continuation of IT people, processes, and services within defined recovery time objectives.
- Conducts or oversees crisis management projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks, as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; evaluating recommendations made; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Drives continuous process improvement of crisis management efforts by leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of standardized tools, templates, and processes across the organization.
- Recommends and advocates for regional and national process improvements which align with sustainable best practices, and the strategic and tactical goals of the business.
- Minimum Six (6) years experience in business recovery, crisis management, or incident response
- Must be someone who has worked in a crisis management department or setting.
- Education – degree helpful – NOT an absolute requirement.
- Military background is a plus.
- Three (3) years experience in the area of business, IT, organizational, or risk resiliency.
- Four (4) years experience working for an IT organization helpful- not required!
- Three (3) years experience working on cross-functional project teams.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- DRII Certified Business Continuity Professional certification is a PLUS