The Senior Enterprise Resource Planning Analyst HR/Payroll is a member of a team of information technology professionals that is accountable for implementing and supporting Oracle’s JD Edwards that enable capabilities related to human resources, payroll and County employees. The Senior Enterprise Resource Planning Analyst HR/Payroll applies JD Edwards technology and third-party vendor solutions to provide products, solutions, data, and analytical services. Business offices and departments typically involved with these capabilities include Human Resources and Payroll.
The Senior ERP Analyst acts as an expert member of the IT Application Services division. This position is responsible for requirements collection, analysis, design, implementation, and testing of all human resources functions, enhancements, and modifications implemented within the Douglas County Enterprise Resource Planning System. In addition, this position is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues, working closely with the user departments and maintaining the system on a regularly scheduled basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key duties and responsibilities of this Senior ERP Analyst position include, but are not limited to, the items listed below.
- Assists business units in the development and implementation of their strategic objectives, policies, procedures and standards
- Evaluates techniques and processes and makes recommendations that will improve the team’s effectiveness and capabilities.
- Analyzes and documents business users’ requirements, clarifying inconsistencies, conflicts, or ambiguities, to effectively model business processes in software.
- Responsible for the configuration, development, testing and maintenance and documentation of the Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Researches best practices and usage of Enterprise Resource Planning functions within external organizations as a prelude to potential usage
- Schedules the maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning system with the Systems Administrator, through the carefully planned application of patches, upgrades, and updates. Works with Systems Administration personnel to coordinate changes to the system and to address hardware and software issues. Ensures consistency in the application of maintenance to all environments.
- Gather, analyze, document, and communicate integration requirements across technology platforms.
- Troubleshoots and resolves data integrity issues within the Enterprise Resource Planning application.
- Use in-depth knowledge of HR module and Finance modules to provide effective solutions to the HR & Payroll teams and to address business scenarios. Knowledge of the interdependency between HR module and Payroll is essential for making design decisions.
- Keep abreast of new JDE releases and applications and present opportunities for improvement to the business
- Provides support for all JDE functions inclusive of E1 pages, payroll, vertex, Employee Self Service as well as adjunct functions.
- Maintains any modifications to interfaces with EnterpriseOne including BI Publisher, Orchestrator and any third-party products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Two years’ experience working within waterfall or agile IT project methodologies is required.
- Software development / support experience is preferred.
- Business analysis and financial analysis experience is preferred.
- Project management and/or cross-functional team leadership experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an internally focused IT role supporting Human Resources, Payroll and/or Finance functions is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience implementing and/or supporting HR functions, using the JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning System.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A working knowledge of systems integration, application security, business process and logical data modeling is required.
- Deep knowledge of software application configuration, testing, and support in a multiplatform environment (Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux environments and/or cloud platform).
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.