SR. PROJECT | PRODUCTION MANAGER – Residential New Custom Construction
About the company:
A Regional single-family Home Builder with a small-company feel but extensive company support staff in place to help with all employee tasks at the local level. They work in 50 offices across 11 states and work directly with the local clients to build semi-custom homes in affordable to semi-custom niche. National volume of $425M and privately owned since 1972 – this company will treat you like family but provide growth opportunities a “family-owned” business typically can’t.
- This Sr Level PM / CM will be running project operations and all customer service related sub/client relationships
- Some responsibilities with branch operations and high-likelihood of General Management promotion as a next step in the career-track.
- Construction operations management extending from sub-selection & contracts to safety and scheduling through completion.
- Contractor/vendor negotiations as well as job site development and production.
- Candidates will need experience in residential new construction operations & managing multiple PMs preferably in scattered lot building.
- Managing multiple projects (10+ typically) at one time with average home prices running $260k up to $425k (or higher construction costs)
- 10+ year proven track record of successful residential operations & project leadership and within New Custom Construction.
- Strong leadership ability and track-record for overall construction operations.
- Candidates will need to express good team-building skills & excellent communications abilities with customers/owners.
Compensation and Benefits
They offer a great compensation package including:
- Competitive Salary & Bonus Structure ($75-90k)
- Paid Vacation Days
- Insurance (Company pays 1/2 employee costs)
- Car allowance
- Focus on Work/Life balance.
Other Highlights for Company & Position:
- This position has promotion potential to General Manager in the near future.
- Local office with National/Regional scope (50 offices) in 11 states.
- They operate like a Custom builder but the personality and communication is most important to this role vs metrics/size homes completed.
- They have some employees with tenure over 10-25 yrs and they hire long-term not quick-needs.
- They have been in the area for years and have established a great reputation and repeat clientele.
- Great opportunities for career growth from GM, Division Pres., Regional Pres. and Corp HQ advancement opportunities.
- Extensive support in back office to make someone successful and help with estimating packages, etc.
- Extensive training available upon hire as well as annual meetings to keep on the forefront of building technology / practices.