Sr. Manufacturing Technicians with automated food manufacturing experience needed in the Denver, CO area. Fortune 500 food manufacturer with great company culture, excellent benefits and a new facility!
- Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods that comply with all food safety, quality, and regulatory requirements
- Performs the necessary activities to operate, maintain, and clean production equipment
- Understands, follows, and improves documented operational, maintenance, and sanitation standards in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) work environment
- Performs equipment changeovers and sanitation activities
- Performs preventative maintenance activities, work orders, and lubrication in a timely manner to maximize the performance of plant equipment. Improves and modifies preventative maintenance activities as appropriate.
- Inspects, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical, instrumentation, controls, and automation equipment and software.
- Utilizes drawings, prints, and instruction manuals to determine proper steps to be taken for equipment preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Coaches other team members on electrical, instrumentation, and controls skills, machine functionality, defect identification and resolution, and equipment repair.
- Active participation in training and qualification programs for designated line/area; participates in assessments and ensures effective training and maintains consistent qualification standards.
- Uses continuous improvement tools, including breakdown elimination to eliminate losses and drive issues to root cause. Documents, communicates, and implements corrective and preventative actions.
- Serves as an owner of one or more technical, safety, or quality systems. Responsible for building technician skills and providing ongoing coaching.
- Creates documentation as needed (SOPs, Job Aids, PM Improvements, etc.).
- Increases skills and knowledge by attending technical training sessions, participating in vendor visits and scheduled maintenance activities. Attains expertise in advances E&I technology (networks, servers, FactoryTalk, Motion Controls, etc.).
- Attains and maintenance low voltage qualification within twelve months of start date.
- Uses a computer to input and maintain accurate records and data. Can utilize email and online training resources.
- Maintains an accurate electronic database of repair and maintenance activities including parts usage and time tracking.
- Facilitates effective shift passdowns with the prior/next shift to discuss safety, quality, and production issues.
- Lead projects to improve safety, quality, or production results in a designated area.
- Works as part of a team and assists fellow employees when needed.
- Associates or technical degree or training preferred and High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with electrical systems, PLC, motor and motion controls, SCADA systems, device and information networks, sensors, instrumentation equipment for manufacturing is required
- Previous mechanical/maintenance experience preferred
- Previous food manufacturing experience preferred
- Proficiency in operation and troubleshooting of the following:
- Power Distribution
- Allen-Bradley Studio5000 or Logix5000 platform hardware and software
- Drives and Motion Control
- FactoryTalk ME & SE
- Ethernet/IP Control Network
- Food Manufacturing and Utility Instrumentation
- Willing to work 13 hour rotating shifts and overtime as needed and a flexible schedule as needed
- Willing to travel for training (2 trips, 8 days each), once travel is permitted.
- Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and general instructions.
- Working knowledge of general electrical safety.
- Working knowledge of electrical schematics, power distribution and controls, motor and motor controls, PLC logic controls, HMIs, and other industrial controls.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Able to provide leadership and prioritization in designated equipment area.
- Able to work both independently and on a team.
- Able to make data driven decisions and engage others as appropriate.
- Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Physical requirements of the job include the ability to:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel, squat, and climb
- Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel
- Employee is required to have a minimum of 20/40 vision in each eye with or without corrective lenses. The applicant must pass a standard eye exam