This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing consumer electronics company in the Midwest. With a new office opening in downtown Chicago and the national headquarters only a few hours away, you will have a chance to be part of something big while also having a direct impact. If you are looking for career growth opportunities as an engineer or as a team lead, manager, or director, this organization is perfect for you. With over 135 million in domestic expansion projects, 6 billion in sales, over 4,500 current employees nationwide, it is obvious why this household brand has been ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 45 places in the country to work for. This opportunity offers a generous 401k match program and paid time off, along with some of the best benefits in the industry. The intention is to grow this location 15-20 engineers every month for approximately 1-2 years.
- Topology selection, component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, test plan development, and execution of power electronics circuitry.
- Design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot power electronics hardware and firmware
- Simulate, design, and validate various AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC topologies.
- Write test requests based on established standard test procedures and prior examples.
- Create design documents, schematics, layout, bill of materials, test plan, and test report.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in power electronics design, including switch-mode power supply topologies, inverters, and semiconductor component selection.
- Understanding of EMI/EMC concepts, including identification of sources, transmission paths, and mitigation methods.
- Understanding magnetic circuit design, including transformer design, gapped energy storage devices, and filtering components.
- Troubleshooting skills in analog circuit design and ability to view issues systemically for driving design trade-off discussion.