Seeking a 1-3 year Tax Accountant. our $1 billion revenue, publicly traded client is a global leader in manufacturing.
This is a great opportunity for growth and and professional development. This role will give you exposure to all facets of tax including international and you will be part of a great team. Benefits are A+ and includes some remote work flexibility.
The Tax Accountant is responsible for the preparation of federal and state income tax returns for the Company. Will research and determine specific payment amounts so the most accurate information is applied to the returns. Will examine tax accounts and records to determine how much tax the Company owes by researching federal laws, regulations and tax rates. Uses independent judgment and exercises discretion in executing their duties. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality in all aspects of its nature.
- Will prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
- Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
- Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
- May prepare personal property tax returns.
- Prepare/review other various tax filings, annual reports, intangible tax, Sales and Use tax.
- Research projects.
- Assist in federal and state audits
- Maintain the Company’s tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Provide an information source in the tax area within the Company.
- Assist in other tax projects as they arise.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- Analytical – Synthesize complex and diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decision; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Dependability – Follow instructions and respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – Volunteer readily; undertake self-development activities; seek increased responsibilities; take independent actions and calculated risks; look for and take advantage of opportunities; ask for and offer help when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education (or Equivalent Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Public accounting and industry experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification:
- CPA preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and tax software