Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment are effective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve safety issues on all equipment.
- Repair equipment failure (downtime).
- Determine root cause failures and alleviate issues on assigned equipment.
- Record all unscheduled down time on equipment in designated Hydra system.
- Communicate usage, needs and sourcing of components.
- Assist in the implementation of projects.
- Assist in the installation of equipment as requested.
- Assist in the development of continuous improvement activities as requested.
- Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement.
- Preventative and predictive maintenance activities to maintain and improve equipment uptime and performance while enhancing OEE%
- Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety rules
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution)
- Two year technical shop degree or certifications in technical aspects of maintenance (hydraulics, pneumatics, basic electricity, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Strong mechanical maintenance background.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TPM (Total Preventive Maintenance).
- Must demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and possess excellent trouble shooting skills in high pressure environment.
- 3-5 years of work experience is required as a minimum
- Computer skills are a must – Word, Excel, CMMS
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Creative Program Solving
- Interpersonal Relationships