similar job titles: Fleet Manager
Job Summary: As Transportation Manager you will manage all aspects of transportation and shipping for warehousing at the La Porte, IN facility. Duties include routing drivers, ensuring the safety of personnel and equipment, documentation, and maintaining relationships with third parties and customers. You will also be responsible for hiring, training, and when necessary, terminating employees as needed for the transportation department.
- Three or more years’ experience as a Fleet or Transportation Manager in a warehousing environment.
- Willing to be on call in evening hours for potential problems; such as breakdowns, accidents, driver routing issues and/or customer issues.
- Employment history shows longevity with previous employers – few short stints.
- Must have a CDL.
This job offers the following
- Outstanding opportunities with an established and stable organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Pension program
- Opportunity for career advancement.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?