Business Development Director/V.P
Our client is looking for a well-seasoned and professional V.P. of Business Development in a role for a fast-growing consumer insights. This is a mission critical role which will require the candidate to lead the growth of the Company’s business. A successful candidate will have an expert grasp of the market research landscape, including full-service agencies, and with an emphasis on consumer insights platforms. The candidate will also have a proven, successful, new business development background working at a market research agency, directly with a consumer insights supplier, or with a technology platform in the ResTech space.
- Define and implement the outside sales strategy, goals, and activities that will drive development of the sales funnel and new business revenue
- Lead new client sales efforts including developing a pipeline of new client relationships and engagements
- Create and maintain strong “trusted advisor” relationships with prospective clients
- Educate prospective clients on our capabilities, concepts, and tools
- Responsible and accountable for achieving net sales and revenue targets
- Track sales performance against objectives, inform on results and strategize ways to improve performance
- 7+ years of successful, consultative, outside sales/new business development experience, working at a market research firm, or tech/DIY platform, or panel/consumer sample company.
- Proven success in developing and owning new sales funnel via prospecting.
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated individual who can point to objective measures of success in cold prospecting, closing sales, and achieving revenue targets
- Experience as a trusted advisor and consultant to clients, not only to win their business but also to help them achieve their objectives and thereby building their trust and loyalty
- Speak applied research fluently, advising clients on approaches that help them achieve their business goals. Deliver compelling capabilities presentations in person, conferences or via phone
- Have a friendly and constructive manner of interacting with clients, characterized by outstanding verbal and written communication, and by doing so contribute to a culture of openness and respect
- Experience or comfort in an entrepreneurial and highly data-driven environment
- Expert-level knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape
- Deep understanding of the market research business and technology products
- Experience selling technology products at senior levels
- Self-starter with the ability to solve problems and improvise to achieve sales goals with limited resources
- Advanced influencing and negotiating skills required to gain buy-in from internal and external clients