OUR CLIENT is seeking applicants for a Welding Engineer Specialist at our facility in Huntsville, Alabama. Their products provide structural safety for the vehicle and important functional parts that must operate as designed.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the department.
Essential Functions (but are not limited to):
- Lead planning and installation of welding equipment, including welders, robotics, jigs, vision systems, etc.
- Program robotic equipment including PLCs, Fanuc, Omron, Motoman.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Build relationships with and attends training with equipment suppliers to maximize equipment capability.
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, etc. to facilitate production processes.
- Demonstrate a hands-on ability to solve problems. Supports continuous improvement.
- Identify potential quality problems from drawings and/or be able to work with design for problems that develop in production.
- Support Activities and training in Welding Maintenance.
Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to
accomplish OUR CLIENT Goals and objectives.
Preferred Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Associate Degree or Technical Certification in an engineering related field or equivalent experience.
- Fanuc/Yaskawa robot with Omron PLC programming ability
- 2 years related work experience
- Performance Skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency).
- Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting.
- Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.