Acloche Race for the Cure


For the 10th straight year, Acloché is gearing up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure!

Once again, Acloché is putting together a team to head to downtown Columbus for an afternoon of running, supporting, and fundraising for breast cancer research, outreach, and advocacy. Throughout the year, we love to get involved in our communities and figure out new ways to give back, and The Race for the Cure has always remained an event that holds a special place within our company.

Last year for the 2018 Race, Acloché sponsored the event with a team of 20 participants and a booth at the Expo, where we gave out over 9,000 free notepads commemorating the event. Acloché also sponsored the Susan G. Komen Ribbons & Rosé event that took place earlier in May, which was an amazing night where Survivors in the area came together to celebrate life and share stories of perseverance.

Within the past few months, Acloché has rolled out a series of fundraisers around the office and community, all raising money toward our ultimate Race for the Cure goal. Last year, we surpassed our goal with $5196.65 in total fundraising, which put us firmly in the top 10 for Corporate Teams in Columbus. This year, we hope to do the same!

“Once again, we are just thrilled to be a part of the Race. We have always had a great time on race day and with all of our fundraising efforts that lead up to it. Each and every person in our community knows someone who has been affected by breast cancer, and we are happy to be able to give back to those who inspire us in their fight against it,” says Acloché CEO Kim Shoemaker.

In total, the 2018 Komen Race for the Cure race raised approximately $1.5 million dollars and had 1,300 survivors running/walking the race with the approximately 25,000 participants. Acloché is happy to be just one amongst thousands in the community that come together to support such an amazing cause.

With a little under a month left until Race day, we need your help! Support Team Acloché by joining our team or donating toward our goal by clicking here. Up to 75% of the net income from the Race stays right here in our community to fund vital breast cancer health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs, with the remaining 25% supporting Komen’s national research and training grants program.

We are ready to do more than just wear pink—we are ready to take action! Visit the link above to Join the Fight. We thank you for your support!